|Digital Photography SIG|
|This SIG meets on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 7.p.m.|
Taking pictures has never been easier. Make use of your Virtual Darkroom and join us!|
We play with digital photos from cameras or film scanners. We try to improve them with good
and then display them either in print or on screen. It's lots of fun and we all
Digital Photography Special Interest Group
2019 Annual "Hall-of-Fame"
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
This year we have a great list of topics for our annual photo contest.
Based on your recommendations, they are:
Kentucky Landmarks Excitement Insects
The Contest will be held at the July 23, 2019 SIG meeting at CKCS. Let your imagination be your guide.
This year we are again asking members to leave their pictures with us! We will display the Best of Show, first, second a
nd third place winners in the CKCS meeting room as we have done before. Be sure to check out last year’s winners.
In order to submit images:
• Be a member of CKCS
• No photos that have been submitted in previous contests at CKCS can be used.
• Each member can submit a maximum of three pictures. They can all be in one category or spread among the three categories.
• Picture and matte or digital frame (if used) can be no larger than 8 ½ by 11 inches.
• NO Foam Board (they are hard to hang)
• NO hard frames – digital frames are ok.
• With each picture be sure to include either on the back of the picture or on a sheet of paper, your name, your e-mail
address, the name of the picture, and the category you want the picture to be in. If no category is listed, I get to pick which
category. (Someone might enter a smiling kid at the Kentucky Horse Park holding a butterfly. And what category will that be???
Better you chose than me!)
• Pictures must be placed in my CKCS mailbox no later than noon on Monday, July 22.
Each attendee will be able to vote for Best-of-Show and on the top three pictures of each category. Awards will be given for
“Best of Show” and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each category.
Let me encourage everyone to bring a snack to share! We can nibble will the votes are tallied. Thanks for all your support!
See you there!
Join us at 7 PM, Tuesday night July 23, 2019 and bring a friend!
Thanks for all your support!
Photo of the month Competition
Here are the new topics for 2019.
Photo Contest Topics for 2019
January - Sleeping things;
February - Animals;
March - Rows of Things;
April - People;
May - Metalwork;
June - Rivers;
July (3 topics - Hard Copy entry) – Kentucky Landmarks, Excitement, Insects;
August - Gnarley things;
September - Tree/Trees
October - Reflections;
November - Waterfront View;
December - No meeting - Have a great holiday season!
Guidelines for our Photo-of-the-Month competition
All members of CKCS can submit one photo each to our Photo-of-the-Month
2. No photo that has already won a prize at one of our
competitions can be re-submitted. That includes our ”Hall-of-Fame” Exhibits.
3. The photos will be submitted to the SIG leader at least a
day before the SIG meeting. The names of the photographer will not be known to
the voters until after the vote has taken place. The SIG Leader who knows the
names will be excluded from voting.
4. Every member present at the meeting
votes for only one photo.
1. See you there!
Return to Previous Page
© 2019 Central Kentucky Computer Society - All rights reserved